Shirodhara is a powerful Ayurvedic treatment that calms the nervous system and resets our body’s natural ability to heal.
It involves the warm and consistent flow of aromatic oils on the forehead, particularly on the “third eye” area. This is the chakra point just above and between the eyebrows and is said to be the seat of human consciousness. The oils flow over the scalp and through the hair, creating a blissful sensation.
In Ayurvedic Medicine, it is considered an important tool in the pursuit of higher states of consciousness.
As the oil flows onto the third eye, it is said to have a balancing effect on the deepest recesses of the brain, while stimulating the endocrine system’s pituitary and pineal glands. The procedure is also said to synchronize alpha brain waves, enhance blood circulation to the brain, improve mental clarity, and release deeply trapped toxins.
Shirodhara has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety, insomnia, some mental disorders, headache, excessive thinking, nervousness, and many other conditions commonly affecting persons in today’s active lifestyle.
- Regular shirodhara treatments enhances blood circulation to the brain, improves memory, release stored emotions, and purify the mind.
- Brings balance and harmony to body, mind and spirit
- Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind, relieving stress
- Opens up the flow of energy in the body, stabilizes the nervous system
- Regulate all hormones in the body by activating the pituitary and pineal glands, as well as the hypothalamus
- Promotes fertility by stimulating the pituitary gland, where sexual and reproductive hormones are activated
- Opens the Third Eye, increasing spiritual awareness and intuition
Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through release of natural body hormones: serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin
- Helps relieve fatigue, tension, anger, chronic migraine headaches, rheumatism, hypertension
- Improves mental focus, concentration, intelligence, confidence and self-esteem.
Nourishes hair and scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to avoid hair loss and premature graying
Softens lines and wrinkles on the face by clearing the mind, dissolving stress and relaxing face muscles
For thousand of year Ayurveda practitioners using Shirodhara procedure to turns on the body’s healing mechanisms, rejuvenates and purifies body and soul in their clients.
Contact Us to schedule Shirodhara therapy at your home.
We serve Shirodhara in Chicago North Side and North Shore Suburbs of Chicago
Contraindications for Shirodhara therapy
Low Blood pressure;
Recent neck injury;
Drugs or Alcohol Intoxication;
Abrasions or cuts on head;
Rashes on forehead or scalp;
Allergic reactions to oil.
You can learn many other techniques of stress reduction, mind and thoughts control and start your emotional healing in our wellness retreats around the world. The Emotional Healing with Plant Medicine Retreat in Peru will help you to start the process of healing your emotions; will teach you stress management and stress reduction techniques , including all mentioned above and much more.