Aromatherapy massage is the practice of using essential oils to obtain specific moods, promote healing and ease muscle pain, aches and sprains and can produce a deep and intense effect on bodily as well as mental health. Aromatherapy experts believe that the power of smell and touch are the most lasting of all senses, and posses the ability to positively modify one’s feelings, and improve the body.
When you receive a massage with essential oils, the oils are absorbed into your skin and you inhale the aroma, providing a physical and emotional benefit. As the essential oils are absorbed into your skin, they find their way in to your blood stream and start to alleviate and heal. Aromatherapy massage is often an effective treatment for numerous ailments.
Aromatherapy massage techniques involve the use of gentle and wide strokes that focus on blending the sense of touch with smell. Specific aromatherapy massage oils are either pre-blended or prepared by the massage therapist to make customized massage oil based on your needs.
Various massage techniques in combination with the beneficial properties of essential oils make aromatherapy massage ideal for:
- Relaxation, balances and harmonizes the body.
- Improvement of blood and lymph circulation and reduction swelling and pain.
- Strengthens the entire body and supports the body in its own healing process.
- Encourages a healthy immune system to fight infection.
- Helps reduce headaches/migraines, cramps and spasms.
- Helps to improve circulation Promotes rejuvenation and energize your body and soul.
- Relaxation of tired and stressed muscles,
- Reduction of stress, easement of tension and anxiety control.
- Control of blood pressure.
- Relief of painful menstruation,
- Toxin removal,
- Cellulite prevention and/or removal and improvement of skin texture,
- Relief of intestinal and digestive problems,
- Strengthening the nervous system,
- General physical and mental revitalization.
Depending upon which Essential oils are combined and also the massage procedures will figure out the outcome.
If you need help with finding Holistic Health Practitioner in this field,
please contact us, we will send you our recommendations.